Our HeinOnline politial science and law database now includes a new collection called Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law.
Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law brings together, for the first time, all known legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world. This includes every statute passed by every colony and state on slavery, every federal statute dealing with slavery, and all reported state and federal cases on slavery.
This collection includes:
- hundreds of pamphlets and books written about slavery—defending it, attacking it or simply analyzing it
- every English-language legal commentary on slavery published before 1920, which includes many essays and articles in obscure, hard-to-find journals in the United States and elsewhere
- more than a thousand pamphlets and books on slavery from the 19th century
- searchable access to all Congressional debates from the Continental Congress to 1880
- many modern histories of slavery
- all modern law review articles on the subject