As a mechanical engineer, you have many subspecialty areas to choose from:
- Aerospace & Defense: involves the development of commercial and military aircraft and spacecraft.
- Automotive: concerns the development and improvement of personal transportation.
- Bioengineering: Inlcudes the development and improvement of medical and surgical devices and procedures.
- Manufacturing & Processing: involves the production of physical goods.
- Fluids Engineering: focuses on pumps, turbines, compressors, pipelines, dam spillways, as well as lubrication, waves, etc.
- Energy Systems: involves forms of energy and energy conversion including heat, radiation, kinetic, electrical, chemical, nuclear, and gravitation.