Christian Brothers University offers a convenient and affordable RN to BSN Program in a mix of online coursework and face-to-face format. We invite you to become a part of this exciting program that will give you the ability to further advance in nursing.
For Graduation with the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), the student must complete a minimum of 122 credit hours as required for graduation at CBU including General Education requirements.
Revised Curriculum: Effective August 2018
General Education Requirements (31 credits)
- Orientation to CBU (0 credits) Satisfied by 12+ Hours of Transfer Credit
- Mathematics (3 credits) Choose From: MATH 105, 117, 129, 131 or 162
- Statistics Fulfilled by Major Requirements
- English Composition I (3 credits) ENG 111 May Also Take ENG 231
- English Composition II (3 credits) ENG 112 May Also Take ENG 232
- English Literature (3 credits) Waived if ENG 231/232, Add 1 Hr. to Electives
- Religious Studies (6 credits)
- Social Science or History (6 credits)
- Natural or Physical Science (4 credits)
- Moral Values (3 credits) Choose From: PHIL 220, 322, or 325
- Aesthetics Fulfilled by English Literature GER
RN to BSN Major Requirements (62 credits)
2.0 GPA in Major Required.
- NURS 311 Professional Role Development (4 credits)
- NURS 312 Health Assessment (3 credits)
- NURS 313 Professional Writing (3 credits)
- NURS 407 Professional Role Enactment (4 credits)
- NURS 409 Population Health Nursing (5 credits)
- NURS 425 Nursing Capstone (1 credit)
- NURS 430 Population Health Nursing Clinical (2 credits)
- NURS 412 Leadership (5 credits)
- NURS 413 Professional Practice & Leadership Clinical* (2 credits)
- NURS 416 Evidence-Based Nursing (3 credits)
Transfer NURS Courses or Nursing Block Credit (30 credits): Students transferring from schools that are not regionally accredited will require the Nursing Block Experiential Learning Credit. This block credit will provide transfer of 30 lower division nursing credits.
School of Science Major-Specific Electives (29 credits)
- Electives vary based on Nursing Transfer Hours or Nursing Block Credit Option
* Clinical rotations are similar to internships in that the clinical will take place outside of the evening class hours and will be located in a health care agency/institution.
• Maintain a 2.0 grade point average overall
• Successfully complete and evaluate clinical experiences and other assessments
• Earn a grade of C or better in all nursing courses
• Complete all requirements for the RN to BSN degree within five years
A total of two nursing courses may be repeated prior to being dropped from the program. A second grade of D or lower would be an automatic withdrawal from the program. RN to BSN students may repeat up to two courses in an attempt to earn the grade of C. They may not repeat more than two nursing courses. RN to BSN students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average overall and earn a grade of C or better in all nursing courses. *NOTE: A single course may be repeated only once.
Nursing Documents & Links
Online Application Form • Recommendation Form (Word doc) • Student Health Form (PDF) • Immunization FAQs (PDF) • Background Check & Drug Screen • Transfer Equivalencies
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Christian Brothers University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).