CBU's packaging program receives guidance from a group of professional advisors with diverse expertise.
- Jason Crosby is the Medical Business Manager for Plastic Ingenuity, Inc., located in Cross Plains, Wisconsin. Plastic Ingenuity, a custom thermoforming manufacturer, has formed its reputation in the industry by providing innovative packaging solutions, being customer focused and flexible. Mr. Crosby is responsible for all facets of Plastic Ingenuity’s medical packaging business; dealing daily with operations, business development, package engineering and validation issues. He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and an MBA from the University of Wisconsin. He has 10 years of thermoforming industry experience with Plastic Ingenuity. He is a member of the Society of Plastic Engineers and Institute of Packaging Professionals.
- Doug Dygert is manager of Product Development for Ring Container Technologies with headquarters in Oakland, TN. He is a 1989 graduate of University of Memphis with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. Doug has been working in the plastic container manufacturing field since 1991 in various engineering disciplines. His primary focus today is new product development and works with some of the largest consumer food producers and packagers in the United States and abroad. Doug holds numerous patents on various retail and food service container designs sold commercially. He continues to work directly in the packaging field as well as manages a group of designers and project managers to bring new products plastic products to commercial implementation.
- Barbara Enright is currently a Sr. Account Manager for WS Packaging Group located in Green Bay Wisconsin. WS Packaging Group, Inc. is an organization comprised of multiple facilities offering the widest array of printing and packaging with products and services as diverse as the markets they serve. Barbara has responsibility for all facets of WSPG’s packaging business; interfacing daily with, business development, package engineering, product development, production operations, process improvement, cost reduction, project management, and and validation issues to support an array of FDA regulated markets. Barbara has been a member of the CBU advisory group of 4 years and participates in the packaging program and during summer high school competitions.
- Jay Gilman is Manager of FedEx Packaging Services. He is based in Memphis, TN, and leads a team of Field Packaging Engineers in the West to minimize lost and damaged packages through customer education, package improvement efforts, proper package acceptance and handling awareness, damage claim inspections and management information reporting. Jay has earned his B.S. in Business in 1984 and Packaging Engineering in 1987 from Rochester Institution of Technology.
- Scott Lefler (Wright
- Anthony Norris is the Chief Executive Officer for Worldwide Label & Packaging with corporate offices in Memphis, TN and manufacturing operations in McCrory, AR. Worldwide Label & Packaging is a manufacturer of specialty label and packaging products for leading companies in the consumer products, healthcare, medical device, pharmaceutical, logistics, durable goods, industrial, and agrochemical markets. As a founder of Worldwide, he spearheaded the company’s business development efforts and the development and implementation of its ISO 9001:2008 and cGMP compliant quality management system. He earned a B. A. degree in Political Science from North Carolina Central University in 1990 and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law. Before founding Worldwide Label & Packaging, he began his professional career as an associate with the law firm of Baker, Donelson, Bearman and Caldwell. He is also a founder and chair of Splash Mid-South, a non-profit community coalition organized to promote water safety and provide affordable swim instruction to disadvantaged youth in the Memphis metro area.
- Robert Phaneuf is currently a Principal Packaging Engineer for MicroPort Orthopedics. His responsibilities include packaging and process development for sterile and non-sterile packaging systems. He earned his B.S. in Packaging from Michigan State University and his MBA from Pepperdine University. He is an active member of the Mid-South IoPP Chapter and the IoPP Medical Device Packaging Technical Committee.
- Larry Rutledge is retired from FedEx where he managed FedEx Packaging Design and Development department for over 18 years. Larry earned his B.S. in Engineering Technology from Memphis State University in 1969. After military service, Larry obtained his M.S. in Technical Education from University of Memphis. Larry has a diverse background in mechanical systems design, facility planning, industrial engineering, project management, package testing and design and logistics solutions. During his FedEx career he was instrumental in developing many innovative packaging solutions for FedEx and FedEx customers. Larry is past Chairman of the IoPP Transport Packaging Committee, Board of Directors for ISTA (International Safe Transit Association), and Board of Director for Michigan State University Consortium on Distribution Packaging. Larry is continuing his Packaging Career as a consultant. He also serves as Packaging Lab Consultant with CBU's ISTA Certified Lab.
- Michael Tune is currently the Director of Packaging Science & Technology at Bayer Consumer Care in Memphis, Tennessee. He is responsible for the design and technical development of primary and secondary packaging systems for various over the counter pharmaceutical, cosmetic and device products. He has a B.S. in Packaging from Michigan State University, and is a Certified Packaging Professional (CPP). He has a diverse background in quality management, primary package manufacturing and consumer products. He also holds several utility and design patents in primary packaging.
- Robin Turner is Director of Global Packaging Development at Medtronic Sofamor Danek. Robin joined MSD in 2000 to establish the packaging development department. Prior to MSD, Robin was Senior Packaging Engineer at Smith & Nephew Orthopedics for 5 years and Maybelline, Inc. for 6 years. Robin has a Masters Degree in Engineering Management from Christian Brothers University and is a Certified Packaging Professional. Robin holds several packaging patents and has also provided lectures for various classes at CBU regarding medical device packaging during the implementation of the packaging program and during summer high school competitions.