Christian Brothers University encourages students and parents to use our payment solution partner, CashNet, for making all online payments. Credit Card and Electronic Check payments can be made via CashNet. CBU accepts Mastercard, Visa, and Discover credit cards online and in the business office.
NOTICE: The Business Office at CBU will no longer accept cash over $1,000 as a form of payment per person per day. Please use another form of payment if the amount exceeds $1,000. Options are cashier's check, money orders, checks, or credit/debit cards.
Settling Your Account refers to the process of making the necessary financial arrangements to pay for your tuition so that you will be allowed to attend classes. To avoid having classes dropped for non-payment, you must either pay your account in full or enroll in a payment plan and pay the required installment by the deadline each semester. For Spring 2018 Part B term only, the deadline is Friday, March 9, 2018.
CBU offers two installment payment plans. The 5-month payment plan has an enrollment deadline of December 15th and runs through April. The 4-month payment plan has an enrollment deadline of January 5th and runs through April. There is a $40 service fee per semester to participate in a payment plan. The first installment of the payment plan is due at the time of enrollment. Subsequent installments are due on the 1st of each month. The student must enroll in a payment plan even if someone else will be making the monthly payments on their behalf. You must have registered for classes before enrolling in a payment plan, and you must not have an outstanding balance from a previous term.
In compliance with FERPA, only students are authorized to access their CBU student account. A student may authorize another individual such as a parent or guardian to view Ebills and make payments online through CashNet. If you are a family member/guardian or someone else wanting to pay for a student, make sure the student has logged into his/her CashNet account through BannerWeb and designated you as an Authorized Payer. Once the student has completed this process, you can view the student's bills and make payments by using the username and PIN provided to you by the student.
To get started as a student:
- Go to Banner Web.
- Enter your CBU User ID Number and PIN
- Click on Student Services tab
- Click on Student Accounts
- Click on Student Settle Account/Payment Plan Enrollment
- Check the accuracy of your Charges, Financial Aid, and Balance.
- Click on either the Pay in Full button or the Enroll in Payment Plan button.
• If you are a student making the payment, on the Payment Information screen click Link to CashNet, and then make your payment online using a credit card or electronic check.
• If someone else is making the payment for you, on the Payment Information screen enter an email address and click Send Payment Information. You must still designate this person as an Authorized Payer in CashNet, so click Link to CashNet and then add a new Parent PIN.
- If you are not paying online and wish to participate in a payment plan, you should follow the steps above to enroll in a plan. Then mail your check or pay in person at the business office.
- You will receive an email at your CBU email address once your payment(s) have been processed and you have met your financial requirement to attend class.
- If you have an outstanding balance, you will receive electronic bills via email at your CBU email address. You must continue to make the monthly installment payments outlined in your payment plan.
- Return to the Student Settle Account/Payment Plan Enrollment screen at any time to see your applied payments, payment due dates, installment amounts, and outstanding balance.
To get started as a parent or authorized payer:
- Ensure that your student has enrolled in a payment plan or has indicated that they are paying in full.
- Verify that your student has emailed you the payment details and has created a CashNet Parent PIN for you.
- Log into CashNET using your Parent PIN and password.
- Under “Your Account”, select “Click here to make a payment”.
- Select the term you want to make a payment for.
- Enter the amount you want to pay (see payment plan email for balance due), and “Add to Payment Cart”.
- Click “Checkout” and complete the transaction.
If you intend to be a full time student, you must be registered for 12-18 hours. If you have not yet registered for 12-18 hours, your tuition amount is not correct. All Financial Aid, Grants & Scholarships are based on full time registration.
Disclosures: There is a 2.75% fee charged for all Credit Card payments, whether paid in person or through CashNet. Interest of 1% is charged on the total outstanding account balance.