Paying your tuition is easy to do online. You may pay in full or enroll in a payment plan. For complete details about making payments, TouchNet, and payment policies, see below.
Make a payment
Tuition Payment Deadlines
For Summer 2020 sessions the tuition settlement/payment deadlines are:
- Monday, June 2, 2020 (June (4 week session))
- Monday, June 8, 2020 (Full semester and June (5 week session))
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 (July (5 week session))
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020 (July (4 week session))
For Fall 2020 sessions the tuition settlement/payment deadlines are:
- Friday, August 21, 2020 (Full semester and Term A courses)
- Friday, October 23, 2020 (Term B courses)
To avoid having classes dropped for non-payment, you must either pay your account in full or enroll in a payment plan and pay the required installment by the deadline each semester. A late registration fee of $250 will be assessed for registrations after the deadline.
Full-time students must be registered for 12-18 hours. All financial aid, grants, and scholarships are based on full-time registrations.
To live on campus, you must pay in full or enroll in a payment plan and pay the required installment prior to moving in. You may not have an outstanding balance from a previous term.
No diploma, transcript of credit, or information concerning academic or disciplinary record will be given until your account has been settled. If your account is in arrears, you may be excluded from final examinations, graduation ceremonies, issuance of academic documents and records, and readmission to future academic programs until your account is paid in full.
Tuition Payment Plans (Summer 2020)
Please Note: In order to enroll into an Installment Payment Plan, you must be enrolled in Any parts of term by June 2, 2020.
- 2 – month plan only: June 2 and July 1
Tuition Payment Plans (Fall 2020)
- 5 – month plan: July 16th through November 17
- 4 – month plan: August 21st through November 17
- Term A only plan: August 21st through September 15
- Term B only plan: October 23rd through November 17
Payment plan specifics:
- There is a $40 service fee per semester to participate in a payment plan.
- The first installment of the payment plan is due at the time of enrollment.
- Students enrolling in 8-week courses should enroll in Term A and Term B plan.
- Students must enroll in a payment plan even if someone else will be making the monthly payments on the student's behalf.
- To be eligible, students must register for classes before enrolling in a payment plan.
- A $20 late fee is assessed for any late payment.
Credit Card Acceptance and Service Fee Information
Credit and debit card payment processing has become increasingly expensive due to the processing fees charged by credit card companies coupled with the costs associated with securing cardholder data. Christian Brothers University has contracted all credit and debit card processing to TouchNet Information Systems, Inc.
What is TouchNet? TouchNet Information Systems, Inc. is a PCI-PA-DSS-compliant (Payment Card Industry Payment Application Data Security Standard) vendor focused on safeguarding cardholder data for thousands of college students. In fact, TouchNet is the only commerce provider serving higher education that is certified as both PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliant.
A 2.85% service fee (minimum $3.00 fee) is assessed on all credit and debit card payments processed by TouchNet and they must be processed online. The service fee is established by TouchNet to cover credit card processing costs and will not show up on your student account. It will appear on your credit/debit card statement and is non-refundable. We no longer accept credit/debit card payments at the counter or over the phone, however there are terminals in the Business Office for making these payments online.
TouchNet can be used to make payments online without incurring a fee by choosing the electronic check option. Others (like parents, grandparents, and spouses) can also pay your fees online with either a credit/debit card or via an e-check if you have set them up as an authorized user.
Instructions for Using TouchNet
Step-by-step instructions for paying by credit or debit card
Step-by-step instructions for paying by electronic check
How to Add an Authorized User
If you would like to authorize a parent or other user to pay on your behalf:
- Go to www.cbu.edu/payonline.
- Select student and staff.
- In the CBU ID number field, enter your BannerWeb user name (your 899 number).
- In the next field, enter your BannerWeb PIN.
- Log in.
- Select Authorized User under My Profile.
- Enter the desired authorized user's email address.
- Select the access you want the authorized user to have by clicking yes or no to the two options. (Selecting No will not prevent the authorized users from making payments.)
- Select Continue and click I Agree.
- The authorized user will receive an email communicating that access has been granted.
- The authorized user will receive a 2nd email with a username and temporary password.
- The authorized user will be required to set up a profile.