SEVIS Fee Payment
The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is an online system that manages data for F-1 and J-1 international students studying in the U.S. As an international student beginning a new program of study, you must pay a one-time fee of US$200 to the U.S. government before you can obtain an F-1 or J-1 student visa. The SEVIS fee is in addition to any visa fees you may be required to pay at a US consulate. F-2 dependents are not required to pay the fee. The SEVIS fee is not a university fee.
Fee payment information is available at www.fmjfee.com.
Payment can be made:
- Online with a credit card
- By mail with a check drawn on US funds
- Western Union Quick Pay
The fee cannot be paid at a US consulate or at a U.S. port of entry. Some consulates in China and India may be able to receive the SEVIS fee together with visa fees. Contact the U.S. consulate for fee payment information.
- Payment of the SEVIS fee must be made at least three business days prior to your visa interview at the U.S. consulate.
- A visa cannot be issued by a U.S. consulate without payment of the SEVIS fee.
- Citizens of Canada and certain islands who are exempt from visa requirements must pay the fee at least 3 business days prior to entering the U.S.
Method of Payment
- Payment can be made with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express at www.fmjfee.com.
- Complete the online form (I-901) as instructed.
- Enter your name exactly as it appears on your I-20 or DS-2019.
- Enter the SEVIS ID number on your I-20 or DS-2019 (found in the upper right corner above the bar code).
- If you have been admitted to more than one school and have more than one I-20 or DS-2019, only enter information for the school you will attend in the US. Changing schools or documents will cause delays and problems in obtaining a visa and entering the U.S.
- Print the online SEVIS fee receipt after completing the payment form. Keep a copy for your records.