It is the mission of Residence Life to provide safe and well maintained facilities that creates an exclusive living and quality learning environment that both challenges and supports the personal, social, and academic development of our residents.
The Office of Residence Life will be the leading provider and innovator of the university residential experience that supports the retention and growth of Christian Brothers University and Residence Life.
Residence halls are more than just a place to lay your head. It also means being part of a community where you can learn and grow mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
As a result of living on campus and engaging in opportunities provided by Residence Life at Christian Brothers University, residents will:
- Develop skills for effective interpersonal communication, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Gain independence.
- Get exposed to resources and programs to explore career and academic options, while being prompted to engage in intellectual exchange with fellow students, faculty, and staff.
- Students will show their understanding of the Catholic values and Lasallian traditions of Christian Brothers University by upholding the policies reflected in The Compass, Student Handbook.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships, develop their individual identities, and value diverse perspectives by engaging with others in a diverse residential community.
- Exhibit wellness in their academic and personal lives.
- Develop a broad cultural awareness.
- Through their positions, student staff will learn to employ leadership, mediation, and helping skills in their residential communities and beyond the College campus.