Activities & Recreation
CBU’s Recreation & Intramural Department’s mission is to provide all students the opportunity to pursue programs that promote physical activity and a healthy well-being. Recreation/Intramurals are devoted to creating many opportunities for all students to get involved, not just on campus, but throughout the Memphis community.
The vision of the Recreation & Intramural Department is to become a key component of student engagement on the campus of Christian Brothers University. For students interested in pursuing a career in Sports Management or Recreation and Leisure Services, you will be afforded a hands-on learning experience outside the classroom to strengthen your knowledge and understand of the field.
As a result of participation in the Christian Brothers University’s Intramural, Recreation, and Community Participation programs, students will have demonstrated:
- Teamwork, community building and sportsmanship on and off the field of play.
- Participation in physical activity as well as improving physical and mental health.
- Strengthen leadership skills, develop initiative, and embrace independence when working in groups and teams.
- Familiarity, visitation, and use of recreational facilities (including the Swashbuckler and The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center).
- Service to 75% of the total student population at Christian Brothers University.
For more information contact Ian Boyd, Recreation Coordinator at email@example.com.