LANCE is now accepting applications for Cohort 15. Apply Now
LANCE (Lasallian Association of New Catholic Educators) is a two-year service program administered in conjunction with the University Consortium for Catholic Education (UCCE). Participants, while working towards a Master’s degree, serve the underprivileged and at-risk youth of Memphis through teaching in the Catholic Schools. Following in the footsteps of the Christian Brothers, our LANCE teachers support each other and grow in their faith through community living during their two years of service.
LEaPS (Lasallian Educators and Professional Scholars) is an intensive 2-year teacher residency program where the LEaPS teacher is a full-time teacher of record while working towards a Master’s degree. This service experience focuses on professional development, community life and spiritual growth. LEaPS teachers serve at Charter or Shelby County Schools and represent a variety of undergraduate disciplines and a diversity of religious beliefs. LEaPS teachers live together in community for the duration of the program.
As a LANCE or LEaPS participant, you will:
- Receive a monthly stipend from your placement schools (on a twelve-month schedule).
- Receive tuition remission, waived fees and free books.
- Live in an intentional community with other members of the programs.
- Be responsible for your share of food, rent and utilities from your monthly stipend.
- Be mentored within the service school and CBU Education faculty and staff.
- Be considered a full-time graduate student during your two-year academic commitment and, thus, be able to defer most types of loans you incurred during your undergraduate education.
- Have free housing during the first months of summer study. We find and furnish appropriate housing before you arrive.
- Participate in retreats throughout the year.
- Be eligible for teacher licensure for the state of Tennessee at the conclusion of your two-year commitment.
- Graduate with a master’s degree (M.Ed or MAT) in education from Christian Brothers University.
- Touch the hearts and lives of your students and their families, and grow in your own vocation!
Questions concerning either program can be directed to: Colleen Boyette, Director of LANCE/LEaPS, firstname.lastname@example.org, (901) 321-3119