Qualifications for Peer Tutors
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing (Freshmen may be considered after a successful first semester at CBU).
- 2.75 GPA
- An A or B in each of the courses tutored OR demonstrated knowledge of the subject
- Example: Student has not taken Precalculus because they started their first college semester in Calculus I, but they can tutor Precalculus.
- Faculty approval for each course tutored
- Attend training
- Patience and a positive attitude
- Willingness to explain the same material in different ways
- Understand that everyone learns differently
- Believe that failure does not define your identity or anyone else's
- Provide support and encouragement to your peers
- Celebrate the success of others
- Abide by guidelines regarding student confidentiality
- Ability to manage their own tutoring schedule and reporting
For Current Peer Tutors
Remember to complete a Client Report Form in WC Online after every tutoring session.
Are you planning to be a Peer Tutor again next year? Take these steps to secure your position!