Located on the corner of the first floor of the Rosa Deal School of Arts Building, the WCC (Writing and Communications Corner) provides tutoring to help members of the CBU community with their assignments, regardless of field of study or skill level. Below are a list of assignments the WCC can help students with:
- Creative writing
- Lab reports
- Business letter
We help with every stage of the creation process, including:
- Analyzing and understanding an assignment
- Revising and editing
- Organization and presentation
One-to-one writing conferences are not just for professional writers working with their editors. Nor are such conferences reserved for remedial writers and their tutors. Writing conferences can benefit anyone. The WCC is a free service available to enrolled undergraduate students, evening students, graduate students, faculty, staff, or alumni.
***The Writing and Communicatins Corner was previously named The Writing Center***
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment:
- Check the due-date for your paper on your syllabus and think about when you might be ready to talk to a consultant about your paper.
- Use our online scheduler to Schedule an Appointment.
- New clients will need to register as a new user.
- Walk-ins are accepted on a first come, first served basis if we have consultants available.
To schedule an appointment as a new client, Register as a new user.
To schedule an appointment as an existing client, Log in and schedule an appointment.
Writing and Communications Corner consultants will work with you one-on-one to help you improve your writing skills, but there are some things we will not do:
- We will NOT proofread a paper for you
- We will not make you do any grammar worksheets
- We will not venture a guess as to what grade a paper will receive
The WCC is directed by Dr. Clayann Panetta, Professor of English. Dr. Panetta can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and (901) 321-3955.