The Peer Mentoring Program is designed as an additional resource for students who want to build a strong relationship with their peers while learning new skills and gaining experience that will lead to success academically and socially. Peer Mentors guide their Mentees through unique challenges they face and are a resource for any questions or concerns. Mentors and Mentees discuss their schedules and set meeting times that work for both parties.
Being a Peer Mentee allows you to:
- Gain knowledge about how to live your best college life
- Get advice from seasoned upperclassmen
- Find additional academic and social resources
- Learn about internships
- Get involved in a new way
- Get tips about your professors
- Identify specific skills that you need to strengthen
- Learn to navigate the CBU network
- Build strong relationships with other students
- Have an accountability partner
Any student can participate in the program by becoming a Mentee. Mentees and Mentors are matched by major or common experience. Students will meet individually and as a group throughout the semester. Each week, Mentors will reach out to their Mentees to provide support and encouragement.
Take your CBU experience to the next level by joining the Peer Mentoring Program!
If you would like a Peer Mentor to be assigned to you, complete this application!
To learn more about being a Peer Mentor and apply, visit the Peer Mentor page.