- Interlibrary loan (ILL) is available to current CBU students, faculty, and staff.
- Copies of articles are yours to keep. Books must be returned to the lending library.
- Items available to CBU students at Local Libraries are not provided through interlibrary loan. Students are responsible for obtaining the items from Local Libraries.
- Delivery time varies, averaging 1-2 weeks for an article and 2-3 weeks for a book. We recommend you request an item 2-3 weeks before the material is needed.
- If you are ordering books, we recommend that you order no more than you can read within the loan period.
Items difficult to obtain through Interlibrary Loan include:
- Audiovisual materials
- Newly published books and textbooks
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Copies made for interlibrary loan may be subject to copyright law.
Loan Periods & Renewals
- Loan periods and due dates are set by the lending library.
- If you think you may want to extend the loan period, ask for a renewal immediately. It can take time to arrange a new due date. The lending library is not required to extend the loan period.
- Failure to return interlibrary loan materials on time will result in the revocation of interlibrary loan privileges until you are in compliance.
- Typically there is no charge. Should the only source of a requested item charge for services, we will ask you before proceeding with the order to see if you are willing to pay.
- Plough Library’s overdue charges for Interlibrary Loan items are $1.00 per day.
- If an interlibrary loan is not returned within 7 days of the due date, you will be charged for replacement costs ($50) and a processing fee ($15).
- Failure to return interlibrary loan materials on time may also result in charges from the lending library. You are responsible for these charges. Dollar amounts vary by institution.