Dr. Shiue is a Professor and Department Chair of Mechanical Engineering at Christian Brothers University. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Memphis. Dr. Shiue spent five summers as a NASA/ASEE Summer Faculty Fellow at Marshall Space Flight Center. His interests include concurrent engineering, manufacturing, product realization processes, dynamics, vibrations, and material testing.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, 1992
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, 1989
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Tatung Institute of Technology (now Tatung University) , Taipei, Taiwan, 1984.
- ME 121 -- Solids Modeling
- ME 201 -- Manufacturing Processes
- ME 202 -- Dynamics
- ME 317 -- Kinematics
- ME 318 -- Dynamics of Machines
- ME 401 -- Mechanical Systems Laboratory
- ME 419 -- Mechanical Vibrations
- ME 420 -- Machine Design
- ME 322 -- Control Systems Engineering
- ME 429 -- Selections of Materials
- ME 435 -- Intermediate Manufacturing
Publications and Research Focus
• James Aflaki, Paul Shiue, “Dynamic Analysis of A Pin-Jointed Fourbar Linkage Mechanism using Visual Basic .Net “, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Website: www.ijetae.com (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal, Volume 10, Issue 06, June 2020)
• James Aflaki, Paul Shiue, “Kinematics Analysis of a Pin-Jointed Fourbar Linkage and Crank Slider Mechanism Using Visual Basic .Net”, 18th IESTOC 2020 Proceedings, Vol. 18, Issue 1.
• L. Ray, R. White, D. Feinauer, D. Hodgson, E. Welch, Y. Shiue, C. Luck, J. West, B. Allison, N. Amanquah, D. Ray, P. Merton, V. Svihla, “BYOE: The Fidget Car – An Apparatus for Small Group Learning in Mathematics, Systems, and Controls,” Proceedings of the 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Salt Lake City, UT, June 24-27, 2018.
• L. Ray, D. Hodgson, D. Feinauer, R. White, A. Gawerc, P. Merton, D. Montgomery, B. Allison, N. Amanquah, C. Jackson, F. McBagonluri, P. Shiue, E. Welch, K. Huang, C. Luck, J. West, V. Svihla, J. Murphy, and D. Ray, “Small Group Learning Activities in Systems and Control Theory using Fidget Cars,” Proceedings of the 2018 American Control Conference, Milwaukee, WI, June 27-29, 2018.
• N. Amancio, K. Beekman, S. Galella, S. Polania, J. Aflaki, and P. Shiue, “Hippotherapy Mechanical Simulator,” Proceedings of the IESTOC Conference, 15(2), 68-76, November 24, 2017.
• “Introducing Additive Manufacturing in Freshman Introductory Course”, Proc. of the MAESC 2013 Conf., Oxford MS, October 28-29, 2013.
• “Estimating Drop Height from Saver’s Impact Acceleration,” Proc. of the MAESC 2012 Conf., Memphis, TN, May 1, 2012
• “Low-cost Plastic Injection Mold Design for Laboratory/Education Environment”, Proc. of the MAESC 2012 Conf., Memphis, Tennessee, May 1, 2012.
• “Distribution Tote Testing: A Weight Study,” Proc. of the MAESC 2012 Conf., Memphis, TN, May 1, 2012.
• “Plastic Tote Drop Impact Study,” IoPP J. of Pkg, January 2012.
• “Preliminary Study of Plastic Tote Drop Impact,” Proc. of the MAESC 2012 Conf., Memphis, Tennessee, May 3, 2011.
• “MODELING AND VALIDATION OF AUTONOMOUS RENDEZVOUS AND DOCKING OF AIR BEARING VEHICLE”, Int’l J. of Modern Engrg., Fall 2010.
• “Simulation of Air-bearing Vehicle for Autonomous Rendezvous and Docking”, Proc. of the MAESC 2009 Conf., May 5th, 2009.
• S. Malasri, A. Ray, Y. Zhou, J. Ventura, P. Shiue, and A. Pourhashemi, “2007 Packaging Summer Programs at Christian Brothers University,” Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education, Southeastern Section, Memphis, TN, April 6-9, 2008.
• Asit Ray, Paul Shiue, and Siripong Malasri, “Evaluation of an Insulated Shipping Container – Phase I,” Sponsored R&D Project Report No. PK2006-01, Christian Brothers University, April 2006.
• John Wall, Zach Wilkinson, Brian McKinnon, and Yeu-Sheng Paul Shiue, “Development of Knee Force Analysis Instrumentation for the Standardization of Ligament Balancing in Total Knee Replacement Surgery”, Mid-South Annual Engineering and Sciences Conference, March 31, 2006.
• Jeffrey King, Yeu-Sheng Shiue, Brian DeJean, Bill Pannell, Bert Dolerhie, James McCarter, “Integration of Launch Vehicle Simulation/Analysis Tools,” Huntsville Simulation Conference, Huntsville, AL, October 19-21, 2004.
• Brian DeJean, Yeu-Sheng Shiue, Jeffrey King, Bill Pannell, “Lunar Cargo Lander Design,” Huntsville Simulation Conference, Huntsville, AL, October 19-21, 2004.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, George Brian DeJean, Jeffrey King, “Integration of Launch Vehicle Simulation/Analysis Tools and Lunar Cargo Lander Design,” a report submitted to NASA-ASEE Summer Faculty Fellowship Program at Marshall Space Flight Center, summer 2004.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng Paul, “Knowledge Bowl for Manufacturing Processes,” 2004 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Salt Lake City, UT, June 20-23, 2004.
• Siripong Malasri, Randel Price, Yeu-Sheng Shiue, Asit Ray, Eugene McGinnis, Ali Pourhashemi, K. Madhavan, Joseph Londino, and John Ventura , “CBU Engineering Lab Facility,” 2004 Memphis Area Engineering and Sciences Conference (MAESC), Memphis, TN, May 12, 2004.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng Paul, “Put Your Imagination into Reality: Design Through Manufacturing and Product Realization,” 2004 Memphis Area Engineering and Sciences Conference (MAESC), Memphis, TN, May 12, 2004.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, Geoffrey Beech, “Graphical User Interface (GUI) Using MATLAB/Simulink for Nuclear Electric Propulsion Simulation Models,” a report submitted to NASA-ASEE Summer Faculty Fellowship Program at Marshall Space Flight Center, summer 2003.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng Paul, “Design through Manufacturing Approach for Kinematics Class,” 2003 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Nashville, TN, June 2003.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, Geoffrey Beech, “Comparative Study of Two Kinematics and Dynamics Analysis Tools for Multi-body Ssystems”, Huntsville Simulation Conference, October, 2002.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, Geoffrey Beech, “Comparative Study of Two Kinematics and Dynamics Analysis Tools for Multi-body Ssystems”, a report submitted to NASA-ASEE summer faculty fellowship program at Marshall Space Flight Center, summer 2002.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, Geoffrey Beech, “Comparisons of Kinematics and Dynamics Simulation Software Tools”, a report submitted to NASA-ASEE summer faculty fellowship program at Marshall Space Flight Center, summer 2001.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, B. B. Beard, “Integrated Corriculum for Undergraduate Manufacturing Education”, Memphis Area Engineering Societies Conference, May 13, 1999.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, B. B. Beard, L. Michael Santi, and Joseph Beaini, “Integrated Laboratory for Manufacturing Education”, Internation Journal of Engineering Education, Volume 15, Number 1, 1999.
• Shiue, Yeu-Sheng, “Visual Basic as a Development Tool for the Design of Disk Cam with Reciprocating Followers”, Computers in Education Journal, January-March, 1998.
• Bernard B. Beard and Yeu-Sheng Shiue, “Intermediate Manufacturing Course for Undergraduate Education”, 1997 ASEE Annual Conference, June 1997.
• Welch, E., Y. S. Shiue, and L. Y. Lin, “Application of Data Acquisition in Undergraduate Engineering Education”, 1994 Frontiers in Education Conference, Nov. 1994.
• Shiue, Y. S., D. F. Eisenbraun, and R. J. Zeiler, “A Study of Damping Characteristics and Shock Reduction Efficiency of Golf Shafts”, The Third International Congress on Air- and Structure-Borne Sound and Vibration, June, 1994.
• Shiue, Y. S. and T. E. Tan, “A Study of Optimal Equivalent Characteristics of Insole Materials”, 14th Biennial ASME Conference on Mechanical Vibration and Noise, 1993.
• Tan, T. E. and Y. S. Shiue, “Hybrid Synthesis of Mathematical Model Equivalence for Viscoelastic Insole Materials”, 5th International Conference on Computational Methods and Experimental Measurement (CMEM), 1991.
• Lewis, G., T. E. Tan, and Y. S. Shiue, “Characterization of the Performance of Shoe Insert Materials”, Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, Vol. 81, No. 8, Aug. 1991.
Service and Community Engagement
1. Member of Editorial Advisory Board of International Journal of Engineering Education (IJEE)
2. Advisor of CBU Rover Team since 2000
3. Faculty advisor of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) student chapter at CBU
Posted on the office door or by appointment