Federal regulations require schools which administer federal student financial aid funds to provide certain consumer information to prospective and current students, parents, and employees. Below you will find links regarding various important topics relative to CBU.

Availability of University Employees for Information Dissemination

The University is required to designate an employee or group of employees to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining all of the information specified below. If the University has designated one person for an area of responsibility, that person shall be available, upon reasonable notice, to any enrolled or prospective student throughout the normal administrative working hours listed. If more than one person, often an entire office, is designated, their combined work schedules have been arranged so that at least one of them is available, upon reasonable notice, throughout the normal administrative working hours listed.

Admissions and Re-Admission

The responsible office is Enrollment Management. Procedures can be found in the Academic Catalog for:

  • Undergraduate admission and readmission.
  • Graduate program policies.

Academic Integrity

The responsible office is the Dean of Students Office. Please contact the Vice President for Student Flourishing, Beth Gerl at bgerl@cbu.edu or (901) 321-3531.

Office Hours
  • Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
  • Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Academic Programs

Student Achievement

Christian Brothers University evaluates success with respect to student achievement using:

For additional information on student achievement, please contact the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness.

Distance Education

Policy for Resolution of Complaints from Students Enrolled in Distance Education

Christian Brother University has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.

Students residing outside the state of Tennessee taking courses via distance education should be advised of the following policy regarding student complaints:

Complaint Resolution Policies and Procedures for Non-Tennessee Resident Students in State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement States, commonly known as SARA.

Student complaints relating to consumer protection laws that involve distance learning education offered under the terms and conditions of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), must first be filed with the institution to seek resolution.

Complainants not satisfied with the outcome of the Institution’s internal process may appeal, within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made, to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.

For purposes of this process, a complaint shall be defined as a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA or the laws, standards or regulations incorporated by the SARA Policies and Standards have been violated by the institution operating under the terms of SARA.

For a list of SARA member States, please visit the NC-SARA website. Students residing in non-SARA states should consult their respective State of residence for further instruction for filing a complaint

Professional Licensure Disclosure

Certain programs at Christian Brothers University (CBU) prepare students to apply for applicable licensure and/or certification examinations in the state of Tennessee. In order to comply with regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Education regarding professional licensure, CBU is required to make the following disclosures with respect to professional licensure outside the state of Tennessee.

Approval by the National Council for State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) does not extend to programs that lead to professional licensure. The licensure boards in individual states are responsible for establishing the requirements for licensure/certification for their state. If you live outside the state of Tennessee and are considering a program that leads to licensure, you should contact the appropriate licensing board in your home state. These boards serve as the authorities on the eligibility of an individual to apply for licensure based on the rules and regulations in place at the time the individual submits their application.

CBU offers programs in business, education, engineering, health sciences, and mental health counseling that may lead to professional licensure within the State of Tennessee. CBU also offers undergraduate programs in psychology and art therapy, but these programs, on their own, are not intended to meet any professional licensure requirements in any U.S. state, territory, jurisdiction, or location, including Tennessee. View more information about these programs.