Career Services empowers CBU students and alumni by providing comprehensive career development services and resources to support them in securing meaningful post-graduate opportunities.
Support for CBU Students and Alumni
- Helping students explore career paths based on their interests, skills and values, as well as their career and educational goals.
- Preparing students and alumni for career success through resume, interview and professional etiquette coaching.
- Conducting programs to facilitate networking among students, alumni and employers.
- Connecting students and alumni to internship and post-graduate opportunities, as well as consistently promoting the CBU mission and student body to employers.
- Helping students gain transferable skills and experience, as well as earn supplemental income, by working in professional environments through meaningful on-campus student employment opportunities.
Career Services Resources
CBU Career Services offers in-person and virtual career counseling. A wide variety of programs, events, and workshops on specific career topics are offered each semester and publicized in the weekly Career Services newsletter. It also hosts Career and Graduate School Expos on campus each academic year, which are free to all CBU students and alumni. These Expos welcome recruiters representing a wide variety of industries to recruit students and graduates for full-time/part-time employment and internships. Career Services also hosts several industry-specific career fairs on campus each academic year, including expos for Accounting and Finance, Engineering, and Visual Arts students and alumni. Individual campus interviews are also arranged to give students an opportunity to interview with major companies, government agencies, and school systems.
CAREER TOOLBOX: Handouts and information packets that can be extremely helpful tools on a variety of important career topics.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES: As stated above, workshops, seminars, information sessions, and campus interview dates are offered, and career-related job openings for students are posted.
MAJOR & CAREER EXPLORATION: Access to services and resources which allow students to successfully identify their best major and career fit.
VIRTUAL RESOURCES: A variety of virtual resources to assist students and alumni in their job searches.
Handshake: Jobs & Internships
Career Services has partnered with the online Handshake recruitment system to allow all students and alumni to post resumes, cover letters, and other professional documents. Registration for this service is free to all students and alumni. It is easy to browse and apply for part-time, on-campus student employment opportunities through Handshake.Find Your Next Job or Internship With Handshake
Internships are a valuable part of a college experience. Internships can be paid, for academic credit, or both. They can be part-time during an academic semester, and/or full-time during summer months. CBU has more than 200 approved internship sites across the Memphis area. Internships allow you to connect what you learn in the classroom to real work environments. You will also develop work skills that will follow you into your career.Explore CBU’s Internship Opportunities