Fast-Track Educational Leadership
Our Fast-Track Educational Leadership Program can help speed you on your way to a school leadership position. If you have a master’s degree in education and three years teaching experience, you can apply now.
This 18-credit hour, one-year cohort program will prepare you for positions such as principal, assistant principal, supervisor, or facilitator and for the Beginning Instructional Leadership License (ILL-B) in Tennessee.
Fast-Track Educational Leadership Courses
- Semester One:
- LEAD 605 Policy Perspectives for Educators
- LEAD 610 Exploring School Leadership
- LEAD 661 Leadership Practicum I
- Semester Two:
- LEAD 615 Strategies for Whole School Renewal
- LEAD 620 Supervision and Teacher Development
- LEAD 662 Leadership Practicum II
- Semester Three:
- LEAD 674 Administrative Professional Experience
- LEAD 625 Managing the Modern School
Admission to the Fast-Track Educational Leadership Program
All application materials must be submitted by:
- Fall Entry – July 15
- Spring Entry – November 1
How to Apply
A complete application consists of the following:
- MSEL online application
(If you are not completing the online application, do not send application materials such as recommendation forms, essays, or transcripts without first having an application on file. Also, do not submit a portfolio in a notebook or in protective sheets. Submission of plain sheets in a manila envelope is preferred.)
Be prepared to upload the following information as you complete the online application:
- Apprentice or Professional Tennessee Teaching License showing at least three years teaching experience
- You will need to have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (indicated on transcripts), or a Praxis Core test (Reading Math & Writing) passed within the last five (5) years, or a GRE test (minimum score 310) within last five (5) years.
- Letters of recommendation: As part of the application, you will be asked to provide email addresses of individuals to contact regarding recommendations. Provide three, from two peers and one supervisor
- Confidential Application Portfolio which contains:
- Current resume
- Copies of the last three years of evaluation documents. If this not available, provide documentation of administrative experiences through your school system’s Teacher/Administrator Verification Form
- Completed Professional Development Plan based upon three areas of improvement
- Evidence demonstrating an ability to improve student achievement and leadership in coaching others to raise student achievement
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Evidence to demonstrate an ability to develop collaborative, cooperative relationships with stakeholders
- Personal statement of career goals and how the leadership program at CBU can assist you in reaching these goals
- Your philosophy of instructional leadership
- Autobiographical sketch
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- You also must complete the Star Administrator Pre-Screener questionnaire. Create an account from the section of Get Started. The system will walk you through the rest of the registration and purchase process. Email the results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not employed by a Tennessee public school district at this time, you must submit a background check. To obtain a copy of your background check within the last year or to have your fingerprints taken, contact IdentoGO services at www.identogo.com. Select NonDCS Child Care/Adoption Providers as the Agency and Child-Related Worker (Private) as the Applicant Type. Provide CBU’s ORI# TNCC79123. Once you are fingerprinted, the information will be sent to TAPS and CBU should receive a full report in about one week.
After a successful review of your application, you will be invited for an interview with the Graduate Education Admissions Committee.