Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics
If you work in a data-driven business, CBU’s Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics will help you develop a skill set for technological, organizational, and managerial decision making.
What You’ll Study
The certificate program requires completion of three courses. Course work focuses on methodologies and tools to implement efficient storage, retrieval, and quantitative analysis of data.
Course requirements can be completed online or on campus. Classes are held once a week and are offered as 8-week or 16-week classes.
You may choose three courses from the following:
- ECIS/ENGM 607. Operations Research – 3 credits
Models and methods of operations research in solving engineering and management problems. Includes linear models, linear programming, duality, post optimality and network analysis and simulation.
- ENGM 634 Supply Chain Analytics – 3 credits
Quantitative techniques to efficiently manage supply and demand networks. Identify relevant business and economic factors to forecast demand. Cost benefit analysis for optimizing production and distribution in supply chains.
- ECIS 637. Database and Big Data Management – 3 credits
Survey of current database approaches and systems. Topics include DBMS types; architecture; introduction to SQL; query optimization. DB management project required.
- ECIS 638. Introduction to Data Science – 3 credits
Practical tools used to analyze and interpret data. A review of probability, statistics and software programming. Data pre-processing techniques, spectral analysis techniques, supervised learning techniques in classification and regression, unsupervised learning techniques in clustering and visualization techniques.
- ECIS 639. Software Programming for Engineers – 3 credits
The course introduces concepts of python programming for engineering and IT applications. Topics include variables, conditionals and loops, functions, files and input/output, and object-oriented techniques.
How to Apply
To apply, submit the following:
- Completed application with the $75 application fee
- One official transcript of previous academic credits from each of the colleges or universities previously attended
- Two letters of recommendation from former teachers or immediate supervisors qualified to attest to your preparation and ability to perform graduate study
- A current resume
- Personal statement describing the fit between career objectives and a master’s certificate