Master of Science in Engineering Management
The MSEM program focuses on leadership, project management, financial management, strategic planning, technology transfer, ethical and legal perspectives, team relations and organizational behavior skills. The program is designed for professionals who have an undergraduate degree in engineering, science, or technology.
- 19-month completion for full-time students
- Two-year completion for part-time students
- Research projects to identify and propose solutions to engineering management problems
- One night a week per course
- No GRE requirement
- Graduate certificates in quality, packaging, information technology, or engineering management
One of the biggest advantages of the Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM) program is its flexible learning options. Classes can be taken anytime and anywhere – in a traditional classroom setting at the beautiful CBU Memphis campus, or in non-traditional settings, which can be mixed and matched throughout the semester. Some of these include:
- Live lectures (required) — You can attend lectures on the main campus or watch them broadcasted from various locations worldwide.
- Student/faculty and/or student/student interaction — You can participate no matter where you are. Many faculty members arrange live meetings and “research rap sessions” periodically during the semester.
- Video — You can review any given classroom session whenever you need it, since live classroom sessions are recorded and stored on CBU’s dedicated servers.
- Online class — You can take an online class at any of the 100+ Christian Brothers (Lasallian) Colleges, or from another accredited institution. Consult with your program advisor for arrangements and transfers of credit toward your degree. You will have the same service and benefits as a student in the traditional classroom.
The Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM) program requires 33 credit hours. You’ll take courses in:
- Engineering management theory and applications
- Engineering financial management and accounting
- Quality assurance
- Operations research
- Technical project management
- Strategic management in a technical environment
- Supply chain analytics
There is a wide range of career options with engineering organizations such as:
- Automation engineer
- Chemical process engineer
- Client services analyst
- Construction project engineer
- Design engineer
- Director of hardware engineering
- Economics consultant
- Firmware engineer
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you will be well equipped to start a business in the engineering field.