Objectives, Outcomes & Accreditation
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering are to bring together the faculty, staff, and capital resources to:
- Prepare our students for successful and productive engineering careers with attention to standards, effective communication, and for future licensure.
- Prepare our students for the successful pursuit of graduate studies in engineering or other professional fields.
- Prepare our students to be active participants in professional engineering organizations.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment & Graduation Statistics
Our program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.