If you are interested in becoming a health professional, CBU’s biomedical science degree will get you ready for health-related professional schools.
This degree is a specialized biology degree tailored to provide the strongest foundation for graduate programs in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine.
- State-of-the-art lab equipment
- Small classes
- Opportunity to present research at CBU poster sessions and a scientific meeting
- Internship and/or a mentored research project that pairs you with either a CBU faculty member or a researcher at a well-known institution. Past students have conducted significant research at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, the University of Memphis, and the Memphis Zoo.
What You’ll Study
The major requires 122 credit hours:
- 31 credits: General Education. Math, English, religious studies, social science or history, natural or physical science, statistics
- 33 credits: School of Science Support Requirements: chemistry, organic chemistry, physics
- 49 credits: Major Requirements. General biology I and II, genetics, research I, II, and III; parasitology, immunology, microbiology, comparative anatomy, embryology, histology
- 9 credits: Free electives
A biomedical science major can lead to careers in:
- Veterinary Medicine
- Physical Therapy