The Office of Communications & Marketing leads the efforts to articulate the University's mission and to generate goodwill and support for Christian Brothers University. These efforts are developed from an integrated and collaborative communications and marketing strategy utilizing traditional and electronic communications.
The department supports institutional, academic, and administrative goals of the University with particular attention to the offices of the President, Admissions, Adult Professional Studies, Alumni, and Advancement. It also offers direction and collaboration in communications and marketing for CBU's schools and departments.
The Communications & Marketing department is comprised of three areas:
Communications Services disseminates information about CBU. This includes: website content management, media relations, the generation of news releases, responses to the general public, and managing the message of the University through social media.
- Maintain the university's main social media platforms
- Online calendar support
- Online directory support
- Connect journalists with faculty experts
- Write and distribute media releases
- Manage use of the mass email system
- Advise the news media of weather-related closings, postponements and other schedule changes
- Production of university newsletter (CBU Connection)
- Production of university alumni magazine (Bell Tower)
- Production of digital news magazine (Galleon)
Creative Services produces and provides graphic design and photography services for special projects and events.
- Graphic design for print and digital media
- Copywriting and editing
- Supervision of external contractors for design, printing & photography
Marketing Services publicizes and promotes University activities and news for the public's general knowledge.
- Strategic marketing concepts
- University brand identity
- Brand strategy
- Advertising & PR strategy
- Community relations
- Media buying
- Generation & supervision of web content
- Supervision of external contractors for web services, marketing & advertising
Request a Service
To request a service listed above, please complete the request form on the Job Request Form Page. Please direct questions and other communications to email@example.com.
Services by CBU personnel in the above areas are provided without charge to University departments and offices. There are costs to be considered in printing, advertising, and services that may require outsourcing. Those costs will be charged to the office requesting the services and should be factored into the budget for the requested project.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Christian Brothers University reserves the right to photograph, including film and videotape, students, faculty, staff and visitors on campus or participating in off-campus activities affiliated with the University. Such photography is limited to non-commercial purposes representing CBU. Expected uses of photography can include, but are not limited to, newspaper and television coverage, and officially recognized university published materials such as brochures, slide shows, videotapes, displays and websites.
VIEWPOINTS & OPINIONS: Christian Brothers University supports academic inquiry and the healthy exchange of diverse viewpoints on its campus. The views and opinions of speakers and/or authors expressed on its campus, in the classroom or at hosted public events, do not necessarily reflect those of the University itself, nor does the University necessarily endorse these views and opinions.