Dr. Deepa Kodali is Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at CBU. She worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Tuskegee University prior to joining CBU. She received her doctoral degree from the University of Alabama in Huntsville in the year 2019. She has research expertise in the most happening fields of science and engineering such as application of flight characteristics of insects and birds to the micro air vehicles, fluid structure interactions of flexible flapping wings and modeling and analysis of multi-disciplinary complex physical systems with strongly coupled interactions, development of bio-inspired materials for biomechanics, polymer nanocomposites and bio composites.
- University of Alabama in Huntsville, PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, M.Tech in Design For Manufacturing
- Andhra University, B.E.
Publications and Research Focus
• Gaines, A., Kodali, D., Jeelani, S., and Rangari, V., “Characterization and Processing of PMMA/SiO2 Nanocomposite Films and Their Applications,” In Coatings: Materials, Processes Characterization and Optimization, Springer Nature, Germany 2021 (ISBN: 978-3-030-62162-9).
• Kodali, D., Hembrick-Holloman, V, Jeelani, S., and Rangari, V., ” Thermo-mechanical Properties of Forcespun Polycaprolactone Fibers Infused with Fish Scale Based Hydroxyapatite,” In Advanced Composites: Plant and Animal Based Composites, Verlag Walter De Gruyter, Germany 2021 (ISBN: 978–3–11–069521–2).
• Kodali, D., and Kang, C., “An Analytical Model and Scaling of Chordwise Flexible Flapping Wings in Forward Flight,” Bioinspiration and Biomimetics, 2016.
• Kang, C., Cranford, J, Sridhar, MK, Kodali, D, Landrum, DB and Slegers, N “Experimental Characterization of a Butterfly in Climbing Flight” AIAA, 2017.
• Kodali, D., Medina. C., Aono, H., and Kang, C., “Effects of Spanwise Flexibility on the Performance of Flapping Flyers in Forward Flight,” Journal of Royal Society Interface, 2017.
• Uddin, M-J., Kodali, D., and Rangari, V., “Effect of Bone Ash Fillers on Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Biobased Epoxy Nanocomposites,” Journal of Applied Polymers, 2020.
• Kodali, D., Uddin, M-J., Moura, E. A. B., and Rangari, V., “Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Modified Georgian and Brazilian Clay Infused Biobased Epoxy Nanocomposites”, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2020.
• Umerah, C.O., Kodali, D., Head, S., Jeelani, S., and Rangari, V., “ Synthesis of Carbon from Waste Coconut Shell and Their Application as Filler in Bioplast Polymer Fibers for 3D Printing,” Composites Part B: Engineering, 2020.
• Kodali, D., Syed, F., and Rangari, V., “Fabrication and Characterization of Forcespun Polycaprolactone Microfiber Scaffolds,” Materials Research Express, 2020.
• Storr,B., Kodali, D.,Chakrobarty. K., Baker, P.A., Rangari, V., and Catledge, S.A., “ Single-Step Synthesis Process for High-Entropy Transition Metal Boride Powders Uisng Microwave Plasma”, Ceramics 2021.
• Kodali, D., and Kang, C., “Analytical Aerodynamic Model of Chordwise Flexible Flapping Wings in Forward Flight,” AIAA 2016-1064, 54th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, San Diego, CA.
• Kodali, D., and Kang, C., “An Analytical Aeroelastic Model of Spanwise Flexible Flapping Wings in Forward Flight,” AIAA 2017-0331, 55th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Grapevine, TX.
• Kodali, D., and Rangari, V., “Microstructural Characterization of Bio Based Hydroxyapatite Infused Polycaprolactone Forcespun Fibers,” Microscopy and Microanalysis, pp 1-3 doi:10.1017/S1431927620015032.
• Kodali, D., Hembrick-Holloman,V., Jeelani, S., and Rangari, V., “Characterization of Forcespun Polycaprolactone Fibers Infused with Bio-based Hydroxyapatite for Biomedical applications,” Materials Chemistry 2020.
• Radhika, M., Anjaneya Prasad, B., Akella, S., and Kodali, D., “Synthesis of Carbon from Tea Powder Waste for Development of Polymer Nanocomposites,” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 2020.
Nolan 101: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00AM – 12:00PM, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00 – 10:00 AM and 1:00-2:00 PM.