Melinda Eckley Posey received her MFA in Studio Art from Memphis College of Art (2008). Posey’s design work has been utilized by clients such as Rolex, Ralph Lauren Polo, Subaru, Hewlett-Packard, Titleist, ICAN (Nobel Peace Prize, 2017) and various branches of the United Nations. Posey has illustrated Jamila – A Refugee Story and 170 Jobs with a Purpose, published by the UN. Posey’s gallery practice focuses on the common object, while utilizing history and language to elevate the ordinary in the context of the gallery. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, reading, and spending time with her family.
- Memphis College of Art, MFA
- Union University, BA
- FALL - ART 418: Graphic Design 2 +lab
- FALL- ART 316: Typography +lab
- FALL - ART 405: After Effects +lab
- FALL - ART 420: Graphic Design 4 +lab
- FALL - ART 419: Graphic Design 3 +lab
- SPRING - ART 400: Typography 2 +lab
- SPRING - ART 415: Graphic Design 1 +lab
- SPRING - ART 419: Graphic Design 3 +lab
- SPRING - ART 420: Graphic Design 4 +lab
Service and Community Engagement
In a Memphis wounded by the denial of the minority voice and the disregard for our greater world during a global climate crisis and pandemic – our Lasallian principles and perspective has never been more needed in the space of modern education. Our diversity and focus as we approach sustainability, and the narrative of social justice is of the utmost importance. As we move to embrace our adopted mission and find modes of healing, our focus must provide a voice of equity to our students, campus and Memphis community that our principles may be a path forward for all.
Monday: 9 to 1 pm (campus) Tuesday: 1 to 2 pm (campus) Wednesday: 9 to 12 pm (virtual) Thursday: 1 to 2 pm (campus) Friday: 9 to 11 am (virtual)