PreK-4 teachers influence the lives of their students in so many ways as they open the world of knowledge to young minds, model kindness and patience, and encourage young children to love learning.
As an early childhood education major, you will join an intellectual community of learners engaged in exploration and preparation for professional choices.
When you complete the program, you will be ready to meet teacher licensure requirements for the State of Tennessee.
- Wide range of topics providing breadth, depth, and richness to your educational experience
- Field experiences supervised by your professors and highly experienced teachers
What You’ll Study
The program requires 124 credit hours:
- 31 credits: General Education. Math, English, religious studies, natural science, foreign language, and fine arts courses
- 36 credits: Liberal Arts. Humanities and social sciences courses
- 54 credits: Early Childhood Major required courses
- 3 credits: Elective courses
Our highly credentialed education faculty will be mentors as well as teachers. They want you to succeed and will provide the attention and support you need.
Clubs and Organizations
As a member of The Student Tennessee Education Association (STEA), you will have an edge during the crucial first five years in the classroom. One of the nation's largest state affiliates for students preparing to teach, STEA will add to your formal education by providing life lessons about salaries, contracts, competency testing, evaluation, discipline, certification requirements. For more information, visit https://ims.nea.org/JoinNea/.
Christian Brothers University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the State Department of Education of Tennessee as a Teacher Training Institution. CBU is a member of the National Catholic Educational Association and the Tennessee Association of Colleges.
Ready to take the next step toward becoming a CBU student? Schedule a visit, request more information, or apply online.