WATCH: Deana Sanford (Professional Psych) talks about her experience with the CAPS program and work with the youth of Memphis:
Christian Brothers University is a comprehensive Catholic university in Memphis, Tennessee, that emphasizes excellence in teaching and individualized attention to the whole person in a values-oriented, interfaith educational community. CBU is ranked among the best Southern universities in U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.” CBU has also been designated as a Yellow Ribbon University by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
There are many other, very PRACTICAL reasons why we think you would find our Bachelor’s degree programs to be a good fit for you:
Most importantly, however, when you join CBU's program, you know that there is a very dedicated army of people rooting for you and cheering you on to make that little extra step, take that one course and finish that one last assignment that will put you on a path to where YOU want to be. If you are considering colleges in Memphis, please contact the College of Adult Professional Studies at (901) 321-3291.
- COUNSELORS ARE AVAILABLE: Admissions counselors are available to meet the schedules and needs of working professionals. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Calling in advance for an individual appointment can save you time, but appointments are not required. In other words, if you are worried about taking college courses because it's been a while since you were in school, DON'T! You won't be doing this alone; we are here to help you!
- INDIVIDUALIZED ACADEMIC PLANS: After you have been accepted as a student, an Enrollment advisor will help you develop a plan to continue your education. The plan is based on your unique background, needs, interests and strengths. There is no way you will complete a degree program that is not useful to YOU.
- EASY REGISTRATION: Registration takes place prior to each eight-week term. Course information is available online for our adult education classes. You can also register online, or you can register in person at the Adult Professional Studies office. We know that the more options you have, the better!
- CAREER PLACEMENT: CBU graduates are in demand by employers and find careers throughout the Mid-South and around the country. Career Services offers jobs fairs throughout the year to enable students and graduates to meet potential employers. Assistance is also provided in developing resumes and preparing for interviews.
- CONVENIENT BOOKSTORE: The CBU Bookstore is open for extended hours the first week of class for last-minute purchases. If you need a textbook that is not currently in stock, they will happily special order it for you.
- CONVENIENT PARKING: Convenient parking is provided in the CBU parking lot, which is gated and well-lit. You will never be more than a few minutes’ walk from your classroom. It sounds like a small thing but it surely makes a BIG difference.