Create Your Own Major
Customize your degree with the subjects and courses that are right for you.
Your interests, strengths, and academic and career goals may not fit within any one particular degree program. With the Interdisciplinary Studies Program, you can create a unique study plan that combines courses from multiple areas of study into one degree.
Interdisciplinary Studies is for you if you are:
- Changing majors, but still want to use your completed credits.
- Pursuing a career that covers multiple disciplines.
- Considering a double major, but don’t have the time.
- Transferring credits that need to fit together into one degree.
- Needing to bundle unique courses to prepare for a specific master’s program.
- Interested in individual courses offered at CBU, but can’t find a major that pulls them together.
"My lichen research started as an independent study with a faculty member, and it led to a summer internship with the Overton Park Conservancy. Not only have I really enjoyed it, but it has turned into a field of study that I am interested in pursuing after graduation. I have had some amazing experiences I would not have had otherwise because of these research opportunities."
-- Hannah Schultz ('18)
Recent Interdisciplinary Studies Degrees
CBU students have recently created these degrees:
- Business Administration with a concentration in Sport Management and a minor in Applied Psychology
- American Cultural and Literary Studies
- Global Studies and German
- Business Administration and Biology
Ready to create your own major?
If you'd like to find out more about creating your own major, contact your academic advisor.