Master of Science in
Computer Information Systems
With the increased use of systems supporting big data analytics, data-driven decision-making has become an integral part of industrial and organizational strategy. This has created the need for a workforce with an educational background in these specializations, both in the US and around the world. The Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS) will prepare students for professional success in modern and emerging areas of computer information technology/systems.
The MSCIS Program is designed with the option to complete degree on campus or as a hybrid curriculum (with classroom and online instruction) or choice of completing it completely online. Emphasis is given on data analysis and decision-making for computer information systems.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 21 percent employment growth for computer systems analysts by 2024, faster than the average of all occupations. During that time period, aboout 118,600 new jobs should open up. (Source: U.S. News & World Report)
The Labor Department reports that computer systems analysts made a median salary of $82,710 in 2014. (Source: U.S. News & World Report)
Learning outcomes for the MSCIS degree include:
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of database management, data analytics, computer networks, and cybersecurity
- Ability to recognize design and implement solutions for data analytics, data storage, and data networks
- Fundamental knowledge of methods and systems for organizational decision-making
- Prepares graduates for professional success in modern and emerging areas of computer technology/systems, spanning various industries including healthcare, banking, and finance, among others
- Emphasis is given on data analysis, operations research, and organizational decision-making
- Full-time students can complete the degree in 18 months.
- Part-time students can complete the degree within 2 years.
- 33 semester credits (11 courses)
- Online or on-site
- One night a week per course
- Can finish within two years
- No GRE requirement
- Opportunity to obtain a Graduate Certificate in Quality, Packaging, Information Technology, Innovation, Engineering Management, or Data Analytics
If you still have questions about something not covered on any of the graduate engineering webpages, feel free to contact Dr. Diyva Choudhary, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (901) 321-3427 or (866) 770-MSEM (toll free) to discuss which option is right for you.
Ready to take the next step?