Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Chemical Engineering Program are to bring together the faculty, staff, and capital resources to:
- Prepare our students for successful and productive engineering careers.
- Prepare our students for the successful pursuit of graduate studies in engineering or other professional fields as appropriate for individual career development.
- Prepare our students to be active participants in engineering professional organizations.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- a recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- a solid background in chemistry
- an ability to apply material and energy balances in chemical engineering and related areas
- an ability to use mathematical and graphical computer packages for solving engineering problems.
Enrollment and Graduation Statistics
Our program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (B.S.Ch.E.) degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.