A comprehensive program of services and academic accommodations designed to provide access and opportunity are available to qualified students with disabilities through the Student Disability Services Office. Some services are available to all students registered with SDS, however, academic services and accommodations are individually determined and are based on the student’s current functional limitations outlined in the medical or professional documentation, the student’s compensatory skills and the requirements of a particular course or program.
Reasonable accommodations are individualized and based on the nature of the documented disability and the requirements of specific courses. Accommodations are designed to meet the needs of students without fundamentally altering the nature of the college’s instructional programs. To request an accommodation, please complete the Student Accommodation Request Form.
Examples of commonly requested accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Assistive technology
- Emotional Support & Service Animals
- Extended time on exams
- Housing accommodations
- Permission to record lectures to supplement note-taking
- Preferential classroom seating
- Reduced course load with full-time status
- Service for students with temporary conditions, such as concussion, broken leg/arm, or surgery recovery
- Testing in a distraction-limited environment
Contact Student Success
(901) 321-3758 | firstname.lastname@example.org