Objectives, Outcomes & Accreditation
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Chemical Engineering Program are to bring together the faculty, staff, and capital resources to:
- Prepare our students for successful and productive engineering careers.
- Prepare our students for the successful pursuit of graduate studies in engineering or other professional fields as appropriate for individual career development.
- Prepare our students to be active participants in engineering professional organizations.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Statistics
Our program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (B.S.Ch.E.) degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.