The CBU Packaging program, its courses, and other activities are supported by a well-equipped packaging lab certified by the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA). Lab equipment includes a drop tester, vibration table, incline impact tester, shock machine, compression machine, tensile tester, temperature/humidity chamber, altitude chamber, sample table, Mullin burst tester, edge crush tester, and thermoforming machine.
The CBU Packaging Lab is also used to prepare students to become ISTA Certified Packaging Laboratory Technicians.
The lab was an ISTA Certified Testing Laboratory from 2009 to 2020, but it stopped the commercial testing service in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The lab was re-certified by ISTA in 2022 to perform the following ISTA protocols:
- Non-Simulation Tests: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1G, 1H
- Partial Simulation Tests: 2A, 2B, 2C
- General Simulation Tests: 3A, 3B, 3E, 3F, 3K
- Enhanced Simulation Tests: 4AB
- Member Performance Tests: 6-Amazon.com, 6-SAMSCLUB, 6-FEDEX
- Development Tests: 7D