The Business Office at CBU is committed to providing outstanding financial services to our students, families, faculty, and staff.
Payments to the Business Office
Payments by check or cash can be made in person at the CBU Business Office, located on the lower level of Barry Hall in Room 11.
Credit card and electronic check payments can be only made online. We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. Christian Brothers University has contracted all credit and debit card processing to TouchNet Information Systems, Inc.
What is TouchNet? TouchNet Information Systems, Inc. is a PCI-PA-DSS-compliant (Payment Card Industry Payment Application Data Security Standard) vendor focused on safeguarding cardholder data for thousands of college students. In fact, TouchNet is the only commerce provider serving higher education that is certified as both PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliant.
Unfortunately, credit and debit card payment processing has become increasingly expensive due to the processing fees charged by credit card companies coupled with the costs associated with securing cardholder data.
A 2.85% service fee (minimum $3.00 fee) is assessed on all credit and debit card payments processed by TouchNet and they must be processed online. The service fee is established by TouchNet to cover credit card processing costs and will not show up on your student account. It will appear on your credit/debit card statement and is non-refundable. We no longer accept credit/debit card payments at the counter or over the phone, however there are terminals in the Business Office for making these payments online.
Instructions for Using TouchNet
These links require log-in with CBU ID Number and BannerWeb PIN or password.
How to Add an Authorized TouchNet User
If you would like to authorize a parent or other user to pay on your behalf:
- Go to www.cbu.edu/payonline and log in.
- Select student and staff.
- In the CBU ID number field, enter your BannerWeb user name (your 899 number).
- In the next field, enter your BannerWeb PIN.
- Log in.
- Select “Authorized User” under My Profile.
- Enter the desired authorized user’s email address.
- Select the access you want the authorized user to have by clicking yes or no to the two options. (Selecting No will not prevent the authorized users from making payments.)
- Select “Continue” and click “I Agree.”
- The authorized user will receive an email communicating that access has been granted.
- The authorized user will receive a second email with a username and temporary password.
- The authorized user will be required to set up a profile.
Instructions for Using Flywire (International Students only)
CBU has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide. Easily and securely make education payments in your own currency, using local payment methods from the safety and convenience of your home. With real-time tracking and Around-the-clock multilingual support, millions of students and families around the world trust Flywire for payment processing.