The CBU Safe Zone Program supports LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersexed, asexual or ally) students. Safe Zones provide spaces where LGBTQIA students can find support and information, free of judgment and hostility. Moreover, the Safe Zone Program aims to promote a campus environment where LGBTQIA students feel welcomed, affirmed, safe, and protected from harassment and homophobia.
Safe Zones provide safe and confidential havens where you can discuss questions or issues related to sexuality or gender. Safe Zone Allies will listen to your concerns and, if necessary or helpful, refer you to additional resources on campus or in the community.
Safe Zones are marked with the Safe Zone logo and a certificate confirming allies’ completion of Safe Zone training and their availability to CBU community members.
For more information about Safe Zones, contact Dr. Kelly James, Chair of the CBU Safe Zone Program Committee, at email@example.com. Otherwise, feel free to stop by any Safe Zone if you have questions! They’re here for you.
Safe Zones can be found at the following locations on campus:
- Deborah Babb – Plough Library, Plough Library
- Karen Brunsting – Plough Library, Plough Library
- Dr. Tracie L. Burke – Behavioral Sciences, Barry Hall 221
- Dr. Mary Campbell – Literature and Languages, Barry Hall 219
- Dr. Divya Choudhary – Electrical & Computer Engineering, Nolan 103
- Sarah Condra – Athletics, De La Salle Hall 210
- Dr. Josē B. Dávila – Mechanical Engineering, Nolan 101
- Sandra Davis – Mathematics, Cooper-Wilson 316
- Cecilia Garrison – Nursing, Buckman Hall 308
- Dr. Scott D. Geis – School of Arts, Barry Hall 223
- Dr. Jeffrey Gross – Literature and Languages, Barry Hall 208
- Laura B. Haddock – Business Office, Barry Hall 11
- Dr. Paul Haught – Academic Affairs, Buckman Hall 202
- Dr. Emily Holmes – Religion and Philosophy, Barry Hall 230
- Dr. Kelly James – Behavioral Sciences, Barry Hall 218
- Leigh Johnson – Religion & Philosophy, Barry Hall 226
- Cathy Lantrip – Career Services, Buckman Hall 207
- Dr. Maureen O'Brien – Behavioral Sciences, Barry Hall 217
- Dr. Mary Ogilvie – Biology, Cooper-Wilson 113
- Dr. Neal Palmer – History & Political Science, Barry Hall 204
- Dr. Clayann Gilliam Panetta – Literature and Languages, Barry Hall 207
- Dr. Holmes Peacher-Ryan – Mathematics, Cooper-Wilson 314
- Dr. Anna E. Ross – Biology, Assisi Hall 111
- Br. Walter Schreiner – Mathematics, Cooper-Wilson 317
- Br. Tom Sullivan – Campus Ministry, Thomas Center 100
- Dr. Lavern Terrell – Education, Rosa Deal 315G
- Dr. John Varriano – Physics & Natural Science, Cooper-Wilson 116
- Dr. Bev Vitali – Management, Buckman Hall 301
- Amy Ware – Career Services, Buckman Hall 207
- Dr. John K. Young – Chemistry, Cooper-Wilson 214
The Safe Zones team has partnered with MyDoorSign.com, who has generously donated All Gender restroom signs to CBU, If you are a business or organization that also desires to make your restrooms more safe and inclusive for all individuals, visit their website and check out their All Gender restroom sign selection: www.mydoorsign.com/all-gender-restroom-signs.
DR. KELLY JAMES
Chair, CBU Safe Zone Program Committee