The CBU Honors Program offers a variety of ways to enrich your collegiate experience by balancing a rigorous curriculum with an opportunity to grow academically and professionally by participating in activities that work to reflect our Lasallian Principles.
Honor Program Benefits
- Students will be connected to an interdisciplinary organization that encourages learning beyond the classroom.
- Students will grow in community through participating in a variety of educational, professional, and social activities throughout the semester at no cost.
- Students will learn in small classroom environments taught by dedicated faculty.
- Students will develop a deeper understanding of our Lasallian Core Principles, what they mean, and how to apply them after they graduate.
- Students will have access to study space through the Honors Lounge, located in the Rosa Deal School of Arts.
- Students will be supported to pursue leadership roles through extra curricular activities and the Honors Program.
- Students who meet all requirements throughout their collegiate experience will have the opportunity to graduate with an honors diploma, receive a special gift at graduation, attend a celebration dinner specifically for honors students, and receive an Honors Medallion to wear at commencement.
The Honors Program has allowed me to feel connected in a way that I never knew before college. Not only has it provided relationships for me that I feel will be lifelong, but it has allowed me to become academically enriched on a level that I never thought would be possible. The community is truly a home for me, and I know many others feel the same. Being a first-generation student, I had no one before me to show me the ropes. However, the Honors Program was a way for me to have immediate connections on campus and a home that I had never known before. – Lacey Conley
At CBU, our Honors curriculum is designed to create space for CBU students to enter into a deeper understanding of special topics and courses designed to reflect our Lasallian Principles.
Leadership & Professional Development
Students will have the opportunity to meet, connect, and establish a strong relationship with their fellow peers and faculty and staff, creating a strong support system for each student as they transition to college and find their groove on campus!
Welcome from the Director
Welcome to the CBU Honors Program, a community dedicated to helping students know who they are so that they can do what they are created to do!
At CBU, our Honors Program is committed to providing the best for its students. Through small class sizes, faculty connections, advising support, early registration, a plethora of co-curricular opportunities to choose from, and alumni networks, we open doors to the best CBU has to offer.
What makes the CBU Honors Program unique is our personal approach of our small Lasallian community and the academic benefits of a major research university. We want to get to know you, support you, and challenge you so that you may develop the skills and experiences needed to make you career ready once you graduate because our Honor students are the heartbeat of our program. From getting to personally know students to helping each student find community and connection within their major, our hope is to inspire our undergraduates to enter to learn so that they may leave to serve.
Most importantly, we find it a privilege to do this work and to have the opportunity to play a small role in the chapters of your collegiate stories. Whether it’s helping you find your footing in college or connecting you to a research opportunity that is best for you – it gives us so much life to help you become who you are so that you can do what you are created to do.
Thank you for seeking Honors to enhance your collegiate experience! It is an honor to serve you, our Honors faculty, and all individuals that make up our CBU Honors Program family.