The Honors Program at Christian Brothers University exists to serve the capacities and needs of students with proven academic abilities who seek a more intensive and challenging educational experience.
The CBU Honors program offers a variety of ways to enrich your collegiate experience by balancing a rigorous curriculum with an opportunity to grow academically and professionally by participating in activities that work to reflect our Lasallian Principles.Apply Today!
Honor Program Benefits:
- Students will be connected to an interdisciplinary organization that encourages learning beyond the classroom.
- Students will grow in community through participating in a variety of educational, professional, and social activities throughout the semester at no cost.
- Students will learn in small classroom environments taught by dedicated faculty.
- Students will develop a deeper understanding of our Lasallian Core Principles, what they mean, and how to apply them after they graduate.
- Students will have access to study space through the Honors Lounge, located in the Rosa Deal school of Arts.
- Students will be supported to pursue leadership roles through extra curricular activities and the Honors Program.
- Students who meet all requirements throughout their collegiate experience will have the opportunity to graduate with an honors diploma, receive a special gift at graduation, attend a celebration dinner specifically for honors students, and receive an Honors Medallion to wear at commencement.
Each semester students accepted into the Honors Program take at least one special-topics course offered only to a limited number of Honors students by an instructor carefully chosen for his or her teaching expertise. Honors courses explore important topics in depth, often through a multi-disciplinary approach, and while the pace and the workload will demand self-motivated students, the small size of each Honors class insures ample group discussion and individual interaction with the instructor. Besides taking honors classes, members of the Honors Program participate in various extra-curricular activities, including outings to cultural events and regional honors conferences.
We have around 130 students make up our Honors Program family! At CBU, the Honors Program is committed to ensuring all students of all backgrounds feel seen and appreciated. With a tight knit feel, each student will be given space to get to know their peers while learning alongside one another, academically and holistically. With students representing all schools within the university, various organizations, and even athletic teams, the CBU Honors Program represents some of CBU’s highest achievers, doers, and leaders in our campus community!
Our faculty at CBU are committed to their calling as educators to create space for students to enter to learn and leave to serve.
Each year, students express their love for the devotion, commitment, and deep care that these individuals humbly share to CBU students! As a student in the Honors Program, you not only will have the opportunity to get to know these individuals more in depth, but you will have a chance to learn from their expertise!
Honors Program Council
The Honors Program Council is an advisory committee comprised of committed CBU faculty and staff. This group meets together to discuss the health & growth of the Honors Program and is responsible for assisting the Honors Program Director in designing and implementing the Honors Program’s overall structure and curriculum, as well as recruitment and retention practices. Members of this council are encouraged to serve as advocates for honors program students so that all honors program students may be equipped with a strong academic and holistic collegiate experience.
Honors Board of Directors
The Honors Board of Directors is a student committee comprised of committed CBU student leaders! These students are selected to serve as ambassadors to the honors program as well as individuals who will craft and create honors events! Each year, this group of dedicated students hosts a plethora of events and programs to continue the social, academic, and professional development of CBU students on campus and off campus!
Honors Program Living Learning Community
Want to live with other Honors freshman and upperclassmen in a community designed just for you? There is a residential Honors Living Learning Community (LLC) at CBU. Learn more!