Christian Brothers Promise Scholarship
Take the first step and fill out your application to CBU! It’s easy and FREE to apply. The application only takes 15 minutes.Apply now
Christian Brothers University (CBU) is pleased to announce the Christian Brothers Promise program for qualified State of Tennessee residents who are interested in obtaining a high-quality, values-centered and career-empowering private college education at an affordable price that is locked in for four years.
Since its creation in 1871, CBU has been committed to serving talented and ambitious students, regardless of their economic circumstances, so that they can obtain a college education and access the life-long transformational benefits of a university degree.
Under the Christian Brothers Promise program, students meeting the following criteria can attend CBU at the very affordable cost of $3,000 per year:
- Student must complete and file the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) for each year they are enrolled at CBU.
- Student must be a resident of the state of Tennessee and graduate from an eligible Tennessee high school.
- Student must have a demonstrated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $2,100 or less.
- Student must qualify for the state programs HOPE Scholarship, Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA), and either the HOPE Aspire or HOPE General Assembly Merit Scholarship (GAMS). Information about these state programs can be accessed online at https://www.tn.gov/collegepays/financial-aid.html
- Student must be accepted to CBU as a first-time freshman, with a 3.0 GPA or a minimum 21 ACT or 1060 SAT score. Students applying for test optional admission to CBU are required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA that meets the State of Tennessee’s defined standard. Home-schooled students can become eligible by meeting the board score requirement.
- Student must maintain continued, uninterrupted enrollment as a full-time student at CBU through graduation.
- Student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 or better for each of the first 2 years (defined in hours) of their enrollment at CBU, and a 3.0 for GPA for their third and fourth years (defined by hours) at the University to maintain eligibility for continued CBU, state and federal aid.
- Student may cover the required annual contribution of $3,000 through eligible federal student loans.
- The annual contribution of $3,000 per year is for tuition only and does not include room and board, books or other mandatory fees associated with the university or program of study. The student will be required to maintain eligibility each year with the above criteria to benefit for the full four years.