The Honors Program at Christian Brothers University is designed to serve the capacities and needs of students with proven academic abilities who seek a more intensive and challenging educational experience! Each semester students accepted into the Honors Program take at least one special-topics course offered only to a limited number of Honors students by an instructor carefully chosen for his or her teaching expertise.
Honors courses explore important topics in depth, often through a multi-disciplinary approach, and while the pace and the workload will demand self-motivated students, the small size of each Honors class insures ample group discussion and individual interaction with the instructor. Besides taking honors classes, members of the Honors Program participate in various extra-curricular activities, including outings to cultural events and regional honors conferences.
- Smaller class size (most Honors classes have fewer than 15 students)
- Classes which emphasize student participation and discussion
- Participation in regional conferences
- Opportunity to meet and talk with scholars and professionals in a variety of disciplines
- Use of Honors classroom and lounge in new Rosa O'Deal Building
- Field trips and cultural activities
- "Honors" designation on the diploma*
*In order to graduate with an "Honors" designation on the diploma, you must take at least seven Honors courses, including Honors Capstone, have at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA at graduation, and be an active member of the Honors Program (as demonstrated by attending the required number of events each semester).
Honors Program Living Learning Community
Want to live with other Honors freshman and upperclassmen in a community designed just for you? There is a residential Honors Living Learning Community (LLC) at CBU. Learn more!
Honors Program Contact Information
DR. TRACIE BURKE
Professor, Director of Honors Program
Phone: (901) 321-3357