TouchNet Online Payment
Get more information about all the latest CBU events, including WebEx and Zoom links, at www.cbu.edu/events. See you there!
Christian Brothers University uses the TouchNet system for online payments. Students or their family members can pay fees online with a credit or debit card or via an e-check. Note, users other than enrolled CBU students must be set up as authorized users before making any payments.
Instructions for Using TouchNet
How to Add an Authorized User
If you would like to authorize a parent or other user to pay on your behalf:
- Go to www.cbu.edu/payonline and log in.
- Select student and staff.
- In the CBU ID number field, enter your BannerWeb user name (your 899 number).
- In the next field, enter your BannerWeb PIN.
- Log in.
- Select Authorized User under My Profile.
- Enter the desired authorized user’s email address.
- Select the access you want the authorized user to have by clicking yes or no to the two options. (Selecting No will not prevent the authorized users from making payments.)
- Select Continue and click I Agree.
- The authorized user will receive an email communicating that access has been granted.
- The authorized user will receive a 2nd email with a username and temporary password.
- The authorized user will be required to set up a profile.
Credit Card Acceptance and Service Fee Information
Christian Brothers University has contracted all credit and debit card processing to TouchNet Information Systems, Inc.
What is TouchNet? TouchNet Information Systems, Inc. is a PCI-PA-DSS-compliant (Payment Card Industry Payment Application Data Security Standard) vendor focused on safeguarding cardholder data for thousands of college students. In fact, TouchNet is the only commerce provider serving higher education that is certified as both PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliant.
Unfortunately, credit and debit card payment processing has become increasingly expensive due to the processing fees charged by credit card companies coupled with the costs associated with securing cardholder data.
A 2.85% service fee (minimum $3.00 fee) is assessed on all credit and debit card payments processed by TouchNet and they must be processed online. The service fee is established by TouchNet to cover credit card processing costs and will not show up on your student account. It will appear on your credit/debit card statement and is non-refundable. We no longer accept credit/debit card payments at the counter or over the phone, however there are terminals in the Business Office for making these payments online.