Each year, Founder’s Week at CBU honors the Legacy of our Founder, Saint John Baptist de La Salle, who founded an Institute in the Catholic Church for the purpose of teaching, particularly the young and the poor. The De La Salle Christian Brothers were first founded in the 17th century, and almost 350 years later the Teaching Methods of the first Brothers live on in some 80 countries around the world.
Lasallian Brothers, affiliated members, and Lasallian Partners (lay men and women) around the world have embraced the Lasallian traditions of “Faith, Service, and Community” and “Together by Association.” Christian Brothers University is one of around 70 colleges and universities around the world. In the North American Region, we have seven universities (one of which, Bethlehem University, is actually in the Holy Land).
Founder’s Week 2021 will include the following events:
- A liturgy celebrating the life of St. John Baptist de La Salle, Founder of the Christian Brothers
- Announcement of Distinguished Lasallian Educators
- A Lasallian Scavenger Hunt
- A Lasallian Trivia Contest
- Daily reflections on Lasallian values