Would you like to get college credit for your required high school courses? You can through CBU’s Dual Enrollment program — and at a discounted rate!


How it works:

  • You will be enrolled at both CBU and your high school.
  • Courses that you complete count as both college and high school credit.
  • Enroll during the summer after your sophomore year (grade 10) or at any time during your junior or senior years (grades 11 and 12).
  • Take classes at your high school or on the CBU campus.
  • When coursework is completed, you may request an official college transcript.

You must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 in all dual enrollment coursework and have no outstanding debts to the University.

Enrollment Requirements

You may enroll during the summer after completing your sophomore year (grade 10) or at any time during your junior or senior years (grades 11 and 12). Enrollment for high school credit must be approved by your high school and/or school district. You must meet admissions criteria for Christian Brothers University:

  • Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in high school course work
  • ACT score of 21 or higher (preferred) or SAT of 1070 of higher (based on March 2016 test changes); score on an SAT taken prior to March 2016 should be 990+
  • PLAN score of 18 or higher, or PSAT score of 790 or higher (only if ACT/SAT has not been taken)

Tuition and Fees

  • $554.40 per 3-credit-hour course for students taking dual enrollment courses at CBU’s campus
  • Tuition and fees due before the first day of courses
  • Student responsible for cost of required textbooks
  • Your local high school may provide tuition assistance, so check with your guidance counselor.

Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant

Christian Brothers participates in the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant, which provides funding for dual enrollment. The grant is administered by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation and provides funding for up to three courses:

  • Up to $554.40 for courses 1-5
  • Up to $100 for courses 6-10

*Please note that any funds granted for courses 5-10 will be deducted from the student’s HOPE scholarship.

You must be a Tennessee resident to receive the grant.

Learn more about the Dual Enrollment Grant

Contact Us

For additional information, see the list of Frequently Asked Questions or contact us at dual@cbu.edu or 901-321-3265.

Ready to take the next step?