April 1, 2020
Dear CBU Residential Students:
As previously announced, Christian Brothers University will be offering prorated rebates and credits for our students who have had to leave campus housing early due to the coronavirus crisis. This message outlines our processes, but as with all our working policies during this time of rapid change, we will address any unique situations or unexpected challenges in an equitable Lasallian manner in the coming days and weeks.
- Prorated rebates will be available for those residential students who are planning to graduate in May 2020 and will not therefore be returning to campus for the Fall 2020 semester. (Students must have applied to graduate in order to qualify for these rebates.)
- Any graduating student who would be eligible for a rebate will have the prorated rebate amount applied to his or her account as a credit prior to April 15. If the student owes any balance to CBU or is on a payment plan with a scheduled next payment due on April 15, the rebate will reduce the amount the student owes.
- If graduating students do not currently have a balance on their account, rebate checks will be processed following the April 15 payment plan deadline and should be delivered to graduating students by April 30.
- Returning students who will not be graduating in May 2020 will see a prorated credit applied to their CBU accounts which will be applied towards Fall 2020 costs. These credits will be applied to student accounts after April 15.
- In the event the prorated rebate creates a credit balance on a student’s account, a rebate check will be issued following the Fall 2020 add/drop period.
- Prorated rebate and credit amounts will be calculated based on the total cost of a student’s housing and dining plan, any scholarships and financial aid previously applied to a student’s account, and a move out date of either March 17 or April 4 if a student was approved to remain on campus for an extended period.
We know this has been and continues to be a difficult situation for everyone, and we thank you for your patience as we worked through the logistics of these rebates and credits. If you have any questions about your individual situation, please direct them to the Residence Life staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President for Academics & Student Life
CFO, Vice President for Administration & Finance