About the Program
The Lasallian College is a retention initiative at CBU where scholars receive a variety of benefits and services to help them become and remain successful. Strategies as supplemental instruction, mentoring and individualized growth and development plans are used to encourage persistence to graduation. This program, named in honor of St. John Baptist de La Salle, founder of the Christian Brothers, and is underwritten by the Plough Foundation.
The goal of the program is to increase the retention of CBU students from Shelby County Schools, who wish to declare a major in one of the STEM fields. The program is Math intensive with an intent to provide extra preparation for the rigorous STEM curricula.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be accepted as an incoming freshman at CBU
- Be a graduate of Shelby County Schools
- Aspire to major in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- Demonstrate a financial need as defined by the Department of Education
- Have at least an ACT Math sub-score at or just below the threshold of regular entry into CBU’s Science or Engineering Programs (20 or 23 respectively).
CLICK HERE to NOMINATE A STUDENT to be considered for the Lasallian College.
Applications for the Lasallian College 2019 are due by Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at midnight. Please review the application instructions and contact LasallianCollege@cbu.edu with any questions you may have.
APPLY ONLINE NOW
If you prefer, you may download a PDF application and mail/hand deliver it to the Lasallian College Office at the address below.
Christian Brothers University
650 East Parkway South
Memphis, TN 38104
Finalists will be contacted for an interview before March 15.