the CBU School of Engineering, we are dedicated to academic excellence. Find
out what makes our program distinctive:
- Accreditation: ABET accreditation is assurance that a college or university program meets the quality standards established by the engineering profession. The CBU School of Engineering offers ABET accredited degrees in the four major engineering disciplines: chemical, civil, electrical, and mechanical.
- Successful Graduates: The School of Engineering has a 91% total placement rate based on the CBU Class of 2012 Post-Graduation Report.
- Small Class Sizes: Small accredited engineering schools
offering a full range of programs are rare. This gives CBU a unique
position in today’s collegiate market. The CBU student to faculty ratio
- Paid Internships: A large part of the School of
Engineering student’s experience is connecting classroom principles to a
“real-life” setting. The majority of our students have a paid
internship in their junior and senior year, often leading to a full-time
position within the company.
- Dedicated Faculty: As a non-research institution, the majority of our classes are taught by tenured or tenure-track faculty who are focused on giving students individualized attention and excellent mentoring on a daily basis. All faculty must hold a minimum of 10 office hours per week, ensuring ample opportunity for students to get the support they need in a challenging engineering curriculum.
- Active Network of Alumni: CBU Engineering has nearly 3000 active alumni around the world. We are dedicated to supporting programs, events, and activities that provide networking opportunities to promote interaction between alumni and current students. These relationships often lead to ongoing internships and career opportunities.
- Flexible Graduate Courses: Our M.S. in Engineering Management provides the flexibility of taking courses on-line or on-site, whichever is more convenient. We offer six proficiency certificates in specific areas of engineering management; allowing the opportunity to advance a career without the commitment of a complete degree.
- Active Student Organizations: Make a connection with other engineering students by joining one of our eight active student organizations. Students who get involved benefit from opportunities that inspire teamwork, leadership, and improved organizational skills and creativity.
- Undergraduate Design Experience: Collaborate with other undergraduates
on special hands-on projects that simulate “real world” problem solving
circumstances and hands-on learning. CBU sponsors projects for the NASA
Human Rover Challenge, SAE Mini Baja Competition, ASCE Steel Bridge
& Concrete Canoe Competition, and IEEE Hardware Robotics &
Website Design Competition.
- Modern Laboratory Facilities: Our labs are operated with high-tech industrial equipment, providing students with practical, “real-world” industry experience. All of the equipment is for undergraduate use, and after appropriate training, available for individual and group projects.
- Financial Assistance: Over 91% of our full-time students receive financial assistance through various federal, private, and institutional funding programs.
- Location: In the heart of Midtown Memphis, CBU is less than 2 miles from Overton Park, a 342-acre public park in Midtown Memphis and walking distance to the Cooper-Young and Overton Square Arts & Entertainment Districts.
*Based on 2012 Post-Graduation Report